Have you ever been craving a hot chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven but don’t want to go through all the hassle of making a whole batch. Not only is it time consuming, clean up is annoying, and then you have a few dozen extra cookies to eat. The extra cookies usually are not a problem but all the time and energy is where this recipe comes in handy.
You can whip up this dough faster then your oven can preheat. It only takes one small bowl and a spoon or whisk to get the dough ready for the oven. 5 minutes prep time, 8 ingredients, and 14 minutes later, this beautiful 7″cookie comes out of your oven.
I made these for a co-woker who I “owed” cookies too. Apparently I lost a bet. She kept telling me I needed to make her plain ole chocolate chip cookies. So this is where we settled, one huge chocolate chip cookie. She did share a small bite with me today and it was delicious!
P.S. This recipe would be perfect for Valentine’s Day too for all you hot out of the oven chocolate chip cookie lovers. You could make it ahead of time and just pop it on the oven when your ready.
One Big Chocolate Chip Cookie – Recipe from Cooking Classy
Yield: One 7″ Cookie
2 Tablespoons salted butter (I used unsalted butter and at a tiny pinch more salt)
3 Tablespoons Packed Light-Brown Sugar
1 Pinch Salt
1 Tablespoon Whisked Egg*
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/3 Cup Flour
1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a microwave safe mixing bowl. Heat in microwave until nearly melted (you want it almost all the way melted, remove from microwave just before completely melted and stir to fully melt. You just don’t want it too hot or it will cook the egg and melt the chocolate chips when stirring).
- To melted butter, add brown sugar, salt, 1 tbsp egg, the vanilla, flour and baking soda. Stir with a spoon until well combined, about 20 – 30 seconds.
- Mix in 3 tablespoons of the chocolate chips. Shape dough into a 3 1/2-inch disk on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet, gently press remaining 1 Tbsp chocolate chips randomly over top and sides of cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 – 14 minutes, until cookie is golden. Serve warm or allow to cool on a wire rack then store in an airtight container.
*To get 1 Tbsp egg, crack egg into a small bowl, whisk until yolk and white are well blended, then measure out 1 Tbsp. Reserve remainder for another use (aka tomorrows breakfast).